Last week I showed you photos of my office progress. Today I’m showing you photos of our living room. If you remember from this post, when we got the keys, the walls were painted a medium brown. Similar to the office, we decided we wanted to brighten things up with a nice white (we went with Horseradish C15-1 by Olympic):
1. Throw pillows – I’ve been so busy making them for others, I haven’t set aside the time to make some for myself! lol I guess also, I haven’t really finalized what fabrics I want to use. I want to do four, maybe five pillows total. Two will probably be in China Sea’s Aga Reverse in black and white, but not sure what I want for the others. Still deciding!
2. Art for wall above sofa – I’m thinking something abstract with various blues
3. Another table lamp and two side tables (the thing holding the current lamp is actually a shoe shelf turned sideways)
4. A rug to add a bit of warmth and texture
5. A mirror for above the fireplace – maybe a sunburst one or a tall rectangular one
6. Coffee table accessories
7. A flat screen TV (you can spot the “mini”, yet bulky one we currently have in the second pic)
I’d love to take out the blinds and add new window treatments but considering we don’t really know how long we’ll stay in this condo (1 year, 2 years?), it may not be worth the investment. The white chair I’ve had since I was in college and was given to me by a friend of my mom’s. It’ll probably stay for now.
Well there you have it. That’s what my living room looks like currently – a neutral base. Can’t wait to add some life and color to it. Stay tuned for more updates!