Here's what I changed:
- the purple pillows for the rust pillows
- the purple floral pillow for the blue & orange floral pillow
- the arrangement on my dining table
- the art
I also added a couple of small objects like white pumpkins and fall candles to make it cozy and inviting. I'm always amazed at how a few simple swaps can significantly change the look and feel of a space. I'll be sharing this year's fall update on Instagram in the coming weeks.
Shop the Look
In the next post we'll be doing a round-up of fall decor pieces that you can incorporate to quickly transform the look of your home including throws, art, arrangements, and other accents. Stay tuned!
Peonies are currently in season and I couldn't be happier because they are my absolute favorite flower. I picked up these pictured above from Trader Joe's earlier this month. They are the abalone pearl variety which are a beautiful vibrant pink. Of course with beauties like this, I like to make sure I take care of them so they stay fresh as long as possible. Here are some quick tips on how to do so:
- Buy them as buds - they don't look as pretty initially but they're less likely to get damaged during the car ride home and will for sure last longer. These ones pictured above were tight buds when I picked them up at the store and they started opening up within an hour. By the next day, they were fully open. If you want to help them along, you can put them in warm water or a warm location.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight - I made the mistake of putting an arrangement right next to a window that received a lot of direct sun, and came back to find out they had drastically lost their color and some petals had started falling off.
- Store them in the fridge at night - If you have the space, put them in your fridge. It will prolong their life.
- Cut the stems and replace the water every day or every other day - Use warm water if you want them to open up more, and cold water if they're already open. Cut the stems at a diagonal for maximum water absorption.
Sadly the Bark (brown) colorway of the beloved David Hicks La Fiorentina geometric print has been discontinued. If you've been eyeing this pillow, now's your time to get it! We still have some remaining, but once they're gone, they're gone. Photos below of a chic bedroom designed by one of our customers, Paloma Contreras.
Recently we had the honor of seeing our pillows featured in the print magazine Style at Home, as part of a story showcasing the chic home of interior designer Sarah Walker. She had transformed the living room and other spaces within the main floor as part of the One Room Challenge. Below is a look:
I love how Sarah combined various patterns without making the space feel overwhelming by differing the scale and sticking to a consistent color palette.
The perfect coffee table accessories: a beautiful tray, a luxury candle, an organic element and fresh flowers.
The classic Leopard Velvet pillow adds the perfect touch of animal print.
The metallic Kubus Argent pillows on the two accent chairs are a luxurious accent.
The clear acrylic ghost chairs are a modern complement to the rustic wood table.
A colorful fresh floral arrangement makes a beautiful dining table centerpiece.
The magazine feature:
Shop the Look
photographs of Sarah's home by Larry Arnal